Sunday, February 20, 2011

Orientation, Day One

So.  Orientation.  The general teaching strategy lectures are kinda useless since they are telling me things I have already heard.  However, the Korean culture and Crash Course in Korean Language lectures have turned out to be pretty good.  Korean is a b*tch of a language though.  Japanese was much easier to pronounce. 

Tomorrow is a field trip.  We are going to a traditional Korean village called Hanok.  However, Rena and I (and another girl who arrived today called Francine) have to go get our medical checks tomorrow morning.  So we will be bussed separately to the field trip location, as we will be going to the hospital first. 

Still don't know where I will be living and teaching, but at least I know I will find that out on Thursday.

It has been really nice meeting everyone.  There is about 350 or so of us GETs (as we are called, or Guest English Teachers).  Not many Californians, but there are a lot of South Africans and Canadians.  Everyone has been really nice and helpful in getting me up to speed.  Turns out Rena and I haven't missed too much.  Apparently, I will have to do a mini 15 long presentation about how I would teach a class with two other GETs (named Jessie and Jessica) and there is a talent show sometime towards the end of orientation.  My class (we are split up into "classes" and go to all the lectures together.  I am in class 8 with Rena) has decided to do a dance which I am very excited about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment