Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Orientation, Day 3

Had my first full day of lectures today, 4 in all plus a Korean class then a rehearsal for the talent show (a 12 hour work day all told).  Some lecturers were better than others.  The 2nd lecturer, a guy, was really good and funny.  He had lots of good information about living in Korea, though his main topic was really classroom management.  Unfortunately, I think that the majority of what they are trying to teach us won't end up being applied when we finally get to our schools.  I still remember all the JET orientations and conferences I had to go to, I never ended up using any of the stuff they told me at those things.  It just wasn't practical for my situation. 

Anyway, for the talent show we are doing a face off, boys against girls.  The boys are doing the New Zealand rugby team's (called the All Blacks) Haka (youtoube it if you don't know what I am talking about) and the girls are doing the SorrySorry dance which is a dance to a song by a Korean boy band called Super Junior

I'm about to start my second day of never ending lectures.

*Edit*
Yeah, the class 8 boys and girls will be facing off.

Here is a good link to the Haka (which the boys are doing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHW1K2LeQXE&feature=related

The girls will be facing off against them with parts of this dance (go to link below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAWqnA8PdcY

No comments:

Post a Comment