Thursday, February 24, 2011

I KNOW WHERE I AM LIVING!!

YAY!!!!!  Signed my contract today!  Yay!!! 

I am living in the city of Songju.  Here is a link to the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangju

Something of note is that a sister city of Songju is Davis, California!!!

I also know that I will be working in an elementary school.  Yay!  It is what I wanted!  I don't know if it will be one elementary school or several, all I know is the name of my base school (which is written in Korean so I can't read it, sorry). 

I still don't know about my apartment or anything like that, but I do know that Rena, the girl I came down from Seoul with and whom I am rooming with here at the orientation, will be in the same city!!!  Also, another girl who arrived late who I have gotten to know well named Alicia will also be in the same city!!! 

I also did my presentation lesson with my group this morning and we did really well!  Heard lots of praise and hardly any critiquing!  Good job team!

Tomorrow we ship out to our towns, so I will probably be incommunicado for anywhere from 1-3 weeks depending on how fast I get my Alien Registration Card and subsequently set up my internet and get my cell phone.  I may or may not have internet at my school, don't count on it though.  There will probably be PC cafes where I can use the internet though.  I will have to see once I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment