Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hello from Korea!

Just wanted to let you all know that I got to Korea safely.  The flight was long, and full, and rather turbulent, and I was in a center seat, and I had already seen all the movies or else they sucked, but I had nice neighbors.  Also, about half way through the flight I had a internal panic attack thinking "What the heck am I doing!?  Going to Korea, a country I know virtually nothing about, am I insane!?" But as I was already on the flight I decided that it was no use second guessing myself.  I am much more resolved to staying now that I am here.  I got into Korea at around 7pm (my flight was slightly delayed and then we had head winds) and I was extremely exhausted.  I managed to get through immigration with no problems (yay visa!) and got all of my luggage (quite a feat, but I did it with one of those rolly luggage cart thingies).  I was too tired to explore the airport at all, but from what I saw, it reminded me a lot of Kansai International Airport in Japan, except I can't read the signs here (thought they all have English as well, so technically I can read them, I just can't read the Korean). The information booth called a free shuttle for me that brought me right to my hotel, the Hotel Sky, where I am currently writing you from.  I don't really know where I am city-wise (perhaps Incheon?) but I am in the middle of buildings with crazy neon signs, about a 10 minute drive from the airport.  Once I got here I got in touch with Rena (I still haven't met her face to face, but I called her room) and we made plans to take the earliest bus (at 6:30) down to Jeonju University for the orientation.  It is currently 9pm here, and I already took my shower, so I am going to sign off and got to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment